Peanut Butter Truffles are creamy and easy. This no bake recipe is gift worthy but you can serve them as a decadent treat for your loved ones too. Cover the balls with a chocolate drizzle and take these confections over the top.
I haven’t had any sweets for quite a while now. Just taking a breather from the last holiday but I am feeling like it is okay to indulge again.
These special treats are actually two treats in one. Peanut butter truffles and a creamy fudge-like treat on the inside. You can’t beat that for over-the-top.
It only takes 15 minutes of your time and then there’s some time for chilling. Not bad for beautiful tasty treats like these.
I made a cute little minute slide video and it’s up above here if you missed it. You might like to take a peek. It will show you how easy the recipe is.
What are truffles
Truffles are a round ball of sweetness. Lots of times chocolate is a main component.
Have you ever heard of the mushrooms that are called truffles? Well, that is truly where chocolate truffles got their name and the first that was ever invented weren’t as pretty as some of the ones we see today.
Mushroom truffles are super expensive and quite a delicacy. Chocolate mushrooms are also exactly that. Expensive if you buy them in a gourmet store and always a delicacy. If made at home they are always a delicacy and not expensive.
At least a lot less expensive. The varieties are endless and this one is full of creamy peanut butter fudge. Yes!
You can serve these in a bowl or make them special by putting each truffle in its own candy cup. Place on a pretty plate or platter and you’re golden.
Only 6 ingredients
- Creamy peanut butter is the base for the decadent center.
- Dairy-free butter makes the center even creamier.
- Vanilla extract adds that little bit of vanilla flavor.
- Organic powdered sugar adds the sweetness to make these treats candy.
- Vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips are used for the chocolate covering and for the drizzle if so desired.
- Vegetable shortening thins out the chocolate for a smooth coat and easy handling.
How do you make truffles
Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl add the beat peanut butter, butter and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer until creamy.
Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix until all is well combined.
Shape into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
Freeze for 1 hour. This is for easy handling when dipping.
In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and shortening.
Heat for 1 minute, stir and continue heating for 10-15 seconds at a time. Stirring after each interval and stop just before all of the chocolate is melted.
Remove from the microwave and stir until completely melted.
Remove a few balls from the freezer, leaving the others in the freezer until ready to dip.
Dip the balls into melted chocolate using two forks or a chocolate dipping fork. Shake off excess and place on a parchment covered baking sheet.
Place the peanut butter truffles in a refrigerator to set for at least 30 minutes.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Or freeze for up to 3 months.
What are some truffle flavors
- Any of your favorite fudge flavors will work.
- Mint, from extracts to crushed candy canes.
- Fruit Creams or fruit pieces, especially berries. Chop them up and mix them in a batter filling.
- Any Nut or seed that you’d like. Or nut butter such as with these Cashew Butter Chocolate Truffles.
- A multitude of liqueurs for a subtle flavor. Such as these Kahlua Truffles. They are featured on this blog and you just can’t miss them!
- Caramels that we can make vegan.
So you can see I’m serious about chocolate truffles. In fact, I’m working on a roundup right now so I can show you some other wonderful truffle recipes from my fellow vegan food bloggers.
This brings me to another topic.
What can you roll truffles in
- One that is often used is cocoa powder, fair trade for sure.
- Melted chocolate because it not only tastes good but it is so delicious. Just like this recipe.
- Finely ground nuts or seeds.
- Coconut sugar would give a lovely taste and color.
- Ground vegan chocolate graham crackers. I’ve done that before too.
- You can sprinkle pretty bits on top of melted chocolate such as candy canes and freeze-dried raspberries.
- Shredded and chopped coconut is really pretty.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Your opinion means a lot to me and if you’d like to leave a comment and possibly a star rating I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Peanut Butter Truffles
Peanut Butter Truffles are creamy and easy. This no bake recipe is gift worthy but you can serve them as a decadent treat for your loved ones too
- 1 1/2 cups Creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Dairy-free butter – softened
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3 1.2 cups Organic powdered sugar
For the coating:
- 2 cups Vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Vegan shortening – you can substitute coconut oil
Line two baking sheets with parchment paperI
In a large bowl add peanut butter, butter and vanilla extract and mix until creamy.
Gradually add powdered sugar and mix into the batter.
Shape into 1 inch balls and place on a prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour
For the coating:
In a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate chips and shortening. Heat for 1 minute. Stir and continue heating for 10-15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating and stop just before all of the chocolate is melted.
Stir until completely melted. Remove 3-4 balls at a time from the freezer, leaving the others in the freezer until ready to dip
Dip balls into melted chocolate using two forks or a chocolate dipping fork. Shake off excess and place on the prepared baking sheet.
Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 30 minutes.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Or freeze for up to 3 months
To create a swirl or drizzle on top of peanut butter ball, add melted chocolate to a plastic squeeze bottle and drizzle chocolate over the top of set chocolate.
Serving: 2TrufflesCalories: 159kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 3gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 60mgPotassium: 99mgFiber: 1gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 26IUCalcium: 8mgIron: 1mg