Who needs Chinese take-out? Today we are going to make Vegan Chicken Fried Rice better than the kind you order from that menu in the drawer! This is an easy whole food plant-based recipe you can make at home with NO OIL! Yes! You can fry the RICE without OIL!! Remember, making it yourself gives you total control of the fat, salt, and sugar!
Other Recipes mentioned in this video:
Plant based Chicken – https://youtu.be/rJ-EycEEP9w
Vegan Chicken Fried Recipe:
4 cups day-old long grain brown rice
4 oz. Plant-based chicken (optional) OR chickpeas
1 T soy sauce (optional)
½ tsp sugar (optional)
4 to 7 oz. firm or extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
¼ tsp kala namak black salt
1 tsp nutritional yeast
pinch of pepper
5 baby portabella mushrooms
A few broccoli florets
½ onion (red or white)
1.5 T minced garlic – 2 or three cloves
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 cup frozen peas
Optional vegetables to add: white mushrooms, asparagus, green beans, bok choy, red pepper, corn kernels, green pepper, canned water chestnuts, or bamboo shoots.
Soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with roasted cashews, green onions and/or roasted sesame seeds
To make Vegan Chicken Fried Rice:
1. Cut vegan chicken into cubes and soak in the soy sauce and sugar.
2. Crumble tofu into a small bowl and stir in kala namak black salt, nutritional yeast and pepper
3. Chop all vegetables into uniform size.
4. On medium to high heat. Cook vegetables with bits of water, broth or wine for 1 to 2 minutes. Add frozen peas and vegan chicken. Lastly, stir in tofu gently to not crush it into the mixture.
5. Transfer to a bowl and clean frying pan.
6. Fry rice for two minutes before flipping. Time it! Do NOT touch it until the buzzer goes. You want to create a crisp crust on each grain of rice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Flip several times until the rice has the preferred browned color. Last flip, sprinkle with soy sauce.
7. Fold in the vegetable mixture and serve immediately garnished with roasted cashews, green onions and/or roasted sesame seeds.
0:00 – Introduction
1:15 – Stir-Fry recipe
5:40 – How to Fry Vegetables with NO OIL
8:53 – How to Clean a non-stick pan after frying with no oil
9:40 – How to Fry Rice with NO OIL
12:00 – Finish Stir Fry recipe
12:59 – Conclusion and Topic for next video
If you are curious, below are links to some of the things I use in this video.
1. Vitamix: I have an industrial Vitamix because I was making non-dairy cheese for 20 grocery stores. Here is a link to the smaller model I have. https://www.amazon.com/Vitamix-Blender-Professional-Grade-Container-Black/dp/B008H4SLV6/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=36L7FBTIPUDW4&dchild=1&keywords=vitamix+blender&qid=1599928820&s=home-garden&sprefix=vita%2Cgarden%2C183&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFYS1AxOVE1MEtBVTQmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAzMzY2ODczVVlCUklTT0ZYR0E2JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxNDUwNTgzQUlQR01UN1JPTFFGJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
2. Red Heat Resistant Spatula: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H8Y32YM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
3. Large measuring cup: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000CFG5I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
4. Nutritional Yeast: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00016XJM4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
5. Kala Namak Black Salt:
Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, a medical professional, a dietician, or a nutritionist. All content found on the ComfortFoodFarms.com website, YouTube Channel, and related social media, including: text, images, videos, or other formats were created solely for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or proper nutritional advice. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have watched on this video or read on the corresponding website. Use caution when following the recipe in this video. The creator and publisher of this video will not be held responsible for any adverse effects that may arise from the use of this recipe and method or any other recipe and method on this channel and the corresponding website.